Fringe is huge. H U G E right now. It has always been in and out of style but most recently appeared during previous NYFW shows & has been a hit. It can be a challenging trend to pull off many may think but actually it isn’t. All you need is a good fringe statement piece and basics to dress it down. Below are suggestions on how to wear different fringe pieces that will carry over into the new year! 🙂
This is one of my all time favorite fringe skirts because the layers are very light weight and movable. Also, it has a thick elastic waist band. How to pull this off?
- It can be worn higher on the waist so that it can be paired with a crop top .
- A plain tee or silk button up can be tucked on to give it a complete look.
- Since its cold out, solid/ sheer black tights pair perfectly (as seen on the model above).
- This looks best with silver jewelry. A chunky necklace pairs nicely.
The coat I feel is in the top 3 most popular fringe items. Especially in the suede material. This type can be more favorable because it looks more put together and is interesting to pair with different materials. It’s different than the traditional leather jacket. How to pull this off?
- Long sleeve bodycon dress. Super easy. Super cute.
- Pull out a summer jumper that’s stored away in the back of your closet (well if you live on the east coast it may be there) and pair it with tights and cute ankle boots.
- As shown on the model, adding a hat like she has on is a more modern up date of the western look.
These shoes are great because the heel is not too high and not too low. The fringe falls at the correct length so that you will not trip over them. How to pull this off?
- I hate to say it but denim on denim. A medium wash denim button up with matching jeans.
- Oversized tee shirt with boyfriend jeans.
- Oversized turtle neck sweater with a midi skirt.